Rules for buyer

Disclaimer
The Mandolin.org.uk web site takes no responsibility for ad content and/or accuracy and cannot be held liable for any consequences arising from any ads placed within it's web site. The writer of the ad bears the legal burden with respect to the content and accuracy of the ad that they post.

Used Instruments » [S] Sobell Mandolin for Sale!

Active next

Active nextWed Jul 11, 2018 11:49 am

Advertiser info

• Username: Ptarmigan
  • Phone number: login to see the phone number
  • Total posts: 72
  • Classifieds: 0 active, 1 expired, 0 sold, 0 closed [View user's ads]

Info

• Bookmark and Share
  • Advertisement title: [S] Sobell Mandolin for Sale!
  • Price: 3000 GBP
  • Date: Sat May 12, 2018 11:49 am

• Description:

Sobell Mandolin for Sale ~ £3,000!

Here's an opportunity for someone to own one of the finest Mandolins money can buy.

This beautiful Sobell Mandolin was made in 1995.
    Stefan’s designs have of course changed over the years as he has refined his techniques and designs, so you may well be delighted to learn that this is a later Spruce top model, as many believe these are louder than the older Cedar topped design, so more suited to session playing, but still with that unmistakable Sobell tone.

Please follow this link to view some detailed photographs.
    Please note that when you click on each photo you have an option to zoom in for a close look to any part of the photo.
    Sobell Mandolin: https://www.flickr.com/photos/northantr ... 788917744/

Here is just one of the videos I posted on my YouTube Mandolin Playlist.
    The Jug of Punch / Eddie Kelly's:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWRVBUm5K4Q

If you enjoyed that, please follow this link to view over 80 similar YouTube videos, of me playing this Mandolin.
    Mandolin Tunes:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 5840BD13A4

The top & back are handcarved & as you will see in the photo above, the maple back is absolutely stunning.
    The Headplate overlay is Brazilian Rosewood.

Specifications
    Soundboard: European Spruce.
    Back and sides: Birdseye Maple
    Body width: 11.4”
    Length: 27.2”
    Strings; 8
    Fingerboard Ebony
    Bridge Ebony with Bone Saddle
    Neck: Brazilian Mahogany.
    Tuners: Gotoh Gold Minis
    Binding: Indian Rosewood.
    Trim: Herringbone
    Tailpiece: Brass

Apart from three tiny dings on the soundboard, just to the left of the bridge, & slight wear on the edges of the tuners, this instrument is in almost mint condition.
    It comes with its original Sobell Mandolin Case.
    N.B. I replaced the handle to the case last year with a best quality replacement.

I have respect for my instruments, so as well as taking great care of this fine instrument, I have always been careful to keep my finger nails short. So the fingerboard on this Mandolin shows no sign of wear.
    I learned this good practice early on in my musical journey, after seeing so many badly worn Banjo & Mandolin fingerboards & Concertina end plates, with dreadful gouges simply from folks too lazy to keep their finger nails short.

Stefan Sobell instruments are of course highly regarded & for what it’s worth, I read here, around 5 years ago, that he had announced that he was stopping adding to his waiting list for mandolin family of instruments as it was already 3 years long. On his website today, he writes: I am concentrating on building guitars so am currently unable to take Mandolin Family orders.

I live on the north coast of Ireland & would prefer to sell this instrument in person to someone in Ireland, so I am prepared to meet a buyer half way, if they really seriously interested in buying this Mandolin.

Payment can be made via wire transfer, PayPal or Bank Check. Personal checks are accepted for purchases within the UK, but require a period of up to 7 days to clear my bank. If you choose to use PayPal, I only use the goods / services option as this provides fraud protection. Please note that the buyer is responsible for the 3% fee.

I am prepared to ship worldwide. The buyer is responsible for paying for the instrument, shipping and insurance, plus any PayPal fees. If this is sent internationally, the buyer is responsible for all duties, taxes, VAT, brokerage and storage fees on their end.

• Last edited on Sat May 12, 2018 11:52 am by Ptarmigan