Full House - band recommendation

Recommend a band or musician

Moderator: Dave Hanson

Full House - band recommendation

Postby Fliss » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:04 am

For those who enjoy folk music, a band worth watching out for if you get the chance to see them is Full House, including the excellent mandolinist Chris Lee.

http://www.fullhousefolk.co.uk/

They are the resident band at the Raven folk club in Chester (every Sunday at the Cross Keys in the city centre if you're ever in the area on a Sunday night) and also play quite a few gigs at folk clubs and festivals in the region. They do a mixture of traditional and new material, including a lot of hornpipes, reels etc.. Listen to a few of the tracks on their website and you can hear the mandolin coming through :smile:

Fliss
Fliss

Full House band recommendation

Postby diane » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:51 pm

Hi! Fliss.Are you going to Wiston Lodge in May (LGMA weekend)? If so look forward to meetimng you again and could you bring me a copy of the new Full House cd you are recommending ? Many thanks. I've mislaid your e-mail
diane

Postby Fliss » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:10 pm

Hi Diane, I didn't know the date for the Wiston Lodge Residential; there's very little information on the LGMA's website so far and nothing on Mandolin Cafe. I'd certainly be interested in going, depending when in May (I'm going to the Chester Folk Festival at the end of May) and also depending on the programme.

I'll send you a PM with my email address :smile:

Fliss
Fliss

Return to Mandolin Bands and Musicians