Tailpieces

Strings, picks, tuners, amps, cases, tailpieces, mics, etc plus related discussion.

Moderator: Dave Hanson

Tailpieces

Postby John Kelly » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:07 am

Good morning all,
was just browsing the forum on the Mandolin Cafe website and saw a thread on tailpieces and where they might be got. I have been using the usual 2-part pressed metal type so far but I noticed one response pointing readers to this very site and Barry's shop where I could get my hands on the Eastman tailpiece and at a very good price. Only place I have seen this particular model. Have just ordered 3 on-line and now await them eagerly.

Will post a review in due course, as I intend to retro-fit one to one of my own-build mandolins and see how it compares.

Just a thanks, Barry, for making the shop facility available as part of this great website.
JK Mandolins - handcrafted in Argyll, Scotland
John Kelly

Postby John Kelly » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:29 pm

Just an update on the Eastman tailpieces. I had an e-mail from Sandra today, a very quick response, pointing out that the tailpieces she has in stock were sent to her as Eastmans but in fact are not the model she was advertising though they were packed as Eastmans. She initiated and immediate refund without my asking and also the chance to re-order whenever she can get replacement ones sent to her.
I noticed also that the items have been removed at present from the shop page so that potential customers are not disappointed - that's good service!

Many thanks Sandra for excellent customer care, and a good advert for the mandolin.org.uk website and shop.
John Kelly

Postby John Kelly » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:07 pm

Did get the Eastman tailpiece from the shop here when they came back into stock. I fitted it to my bouzouki I had just finished and it is a rather good-looking tailpiece and heavier than the standard 2-piece I usually use. Very easy to change strings too.
Have had it fitted now for several weeks and still find it an excellent addition to the instrument.
John Kelly

Return to Equipment