Weber Brekke Bridge Tool

Discussion groups for those of you with an interest in the construction and repair of the mandolin family instruments.

Moderator: Dave Hanson

Weber Brekke Bridge Tool

Postby SensibleShoes » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:44 pm

Hi there,

I have stupidly mislaid Weber bridge adjustment tool and I can't find anything similar. Does anyone know where I can get one, or an equivalent, in the UK?

Cheers
SensibleShoes

Re: Weber Brekke Bridge Tool

Postby murraystrings » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:08 am

Hi should be a 1/16th ball end allen key.
try fleabay search on "Hexagon Bondhus (Allen) Key Screwdriver Wrench 1/16" Ball Ended"
regards
Tom Murray, Luthier

http://murraystrings.co.uk
murraystrings

Postby Dave Hanson » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:03 pm

The only Weber dealer I know in the UK is TAMCO in Brighton, if they can't supply one your best bet is Weber in Montana.

BTW for the Brekke ' traditional ' bridge which both my Webers came with, it's not an allen key, just a straight hex key.

Dave H
Dave Hanson

Postby SensibleShoes » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:29 pm

Thanks for the suggestions

The tool is like a tiny spanner - a 5/16th hex wrench according to Weber's website. I remember putting it somewhere safe - a bit too safe, as it turns out! I thought I'd be able to find something similar on model makers' shop sites and the like - but no luck.

I'll give TAMCO a try.

Thanks again
SensibleShoes

Postby Ray(T) » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:29 am

I doubt whether Trevor will be able to supply one - so far as I'm aware he doesn't deal in spares (unless they're for instruments he's sold) - if you get no joy from Webber; who have had some recent changes, you could try here - [url]http://bridgerproducts.com/products/original_brekke_bridge[/url]
Ray(T)

Return to Builders / Repair