Ensemble or group wanted in Leeds area

Musicians Classified Ads

Moderator: Dave Hanson

Ensemble or group wanted in Leeds area

Postby diane » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:39 pm

Hi! I have just had a wonderful time at the LGMA weekend in Scotland. I would like to join a group or session or orchestra as a mandolin beginner/improver in Leeds or within reasonable distance. Does anyone have any suggestions?..would love to find something like Nigel runs in Edinburgh
diane

Postby Simon » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:17 pm

I'm in Driffield, East Yorks - quite a way from Leeds, but if you get a session going or hear of any York way let me know. My local folk club used to be very much a session: people sitting around in the bar, someone starting off a tune and everyone joining in. Then it grew and now there's a stage, PA, lights and individual performers - not my kind of thing anymore!

Simon
Simon

Postby rjb » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:08 pm

You might like to try the Comhaltas group in Bradford which meets at the East Bowling Unity Club, Leicester Street, Wakefield Rd, BD4 7JS, every Wednesday 7:15pm. There are a number of mandolin players who come along, it's very informal and a good place to pick up a few tunes and play along with other musicians.

There is also a session at Bradford Irish Club (formerly The IDL) Rebecca Street, Off Westgate, Bradford, on Sunday afternoons which starts around 3pm.

Richard
rjb

Postby diane » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:48 pm

Thank you for that.I'm still hoping to find something nearer home as a nondriver...Also discovered there is a helpful session at the Tap and Spile in Harrogate on Tuesday evenings. I'll need a lot of help to keep up.Only six monthes to LMGA 's weekend in Lanarkshire 2008!!!!
diane

Return to Musicians Wanted/Available