Teacher wanted - Lewes

Musicians Classified Ads

Moderator: Dave Hanson

Teacher wanted - Lewes

Postby mitch » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:28 pm

My mando's currently in storage thanks to building work that's taken over our house for the past six months, however, once it's out (in the next month or so), I'd like to start playing again... properly this time :wink:! I used to play in a morris side but those days are long behind me -- phew!

I'm v. rusty so need help (my good lady reckons it's more than that...:grin: ). Scales are OK, music reading's not that bad, as I used to play all sorts when I was younger (including Thrash Metal guitar :grin:). My tweaked Stagg plays alright for now. I want to be able to play well enough to justify spending a few hundred quid on a new mandolin... I've got plenty of time then! :grin:

The reason why I ask for a teacher in Lewes, is that I spend most of my day here (working from 9-6, 5 days a week) and it's easier to go someplace on the way home from work (preferably, not having to drive as I've no-longer got a car of my own and have to share... so if near the station, that's even better - but can work something out), rather than trek to Brighton or wherever on a cold winters' night (though admittedly, if you're Brighton based and wanting to learn, I can't recommend Rosi Bryer of the Fretful Federation highly enough :cool:).

So if you can help, please PM me, and I'd be most grateful!!

Oh yeah, before I forget... style's not that important, though I'm a bit of a Steve Earle fan, and I like folky stuff (with a view to playing folk tunes or whatever) too!!

Thanks

Mitch
mitch

Return to Musicians Wanted/Available