Seeking musicians - Central Scotland

Musicians Classified Ads

Moderator: Dave Hanson

Postby Richard Moore » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:08 pm

I'm seeking other interested musicians in Central Scotland (Edinburgh/Glasgow to Perth) for possible sessions, collaborations and perhaps gigs. I play mandolin family, tenor banjo and guitar... Irish, Scottish, Old-time and folk styles.

Richard
Richard Moore

Postby John Kelly » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:29 am

Hi Richard,
I am based in Cowal in Argyll and over here we have a good monthly open session at the Whistlefield Inn on Loch Eck on the first Friday of each month, the next being Friday 6th August. I play with a group of friends over here (The Old Bores, but don't ask how the name came about!) and we do a lot of Scottish, Irish and ceilidh music as well as other tunes we like in the folky idiom. Instruments include mandolins, octaves, accordion, concertina, whistles and whatever else we happen to have to hand. The Whistlefield sessions bring in folks from all over the place - many from Glasgow and area and the music on offer is very varied, just depending on who turns up on the night, but always very friendly and encouraging.
May see you here at some point?

John K
JK Mandolins - handcrafted in Argyll, Scotland
John Kelly

Postby Richard Moore » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:50 am

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply! I'll certainly try and make it over to Cowal... hopefully for the next session on 6 August. Equally, you or any of your fellow musicians are welcome to call in and join our regular weekly session at the Tappit Hen in Dunblane (Scottish, Irish, some Old-Time) if you're ever over this way. Like yours, ours is a welcoming, inclusive and easy-going session.

All the best,

Richard
Richard Moore

Postby John Kelly » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:26 pm

Hi Richard,
Good to hear from you and the Dunblane sessions seem a possible visit. What nights are they held?
Did you see that Ptarmi has begun a new group on the Mandolin Cafe site for mandolin players in Scotland? Maybe we should combine then there would be three of us, although he is based in County Antrim.
Hope to meet up at some time soon.
John
JK Mandolins - handcrafted in Argyll, Scotland
John Kelly

Return to Musicians Wanted/Available