mandolin player wanted-southeast-cornwall-w/devon

Musicians Classified Ads

Moderator: Dave Hanson

mandolin player wanted-southeast-cornwall-w/devon

Postby mandofan » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:59 am

Gigging band seek mando player (guitar helpful)
Please reply on here. Thanks
mandofan

Postby Beanzy » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:13 pm

I know a few out that way but would need more info to pass on as apart from one I know they're not on the various forums etc.

Something I could print off and shove under their noses at a jam would be useful.
Beanzy

Mandolin player wanted southeast cornwall/devon

Postby mandofan » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:03 pm

Hi. Apologies for the months delay in betting back to you, but we were trying to be sure our last mando player was actually leaving. Anyway he has. We`re a 4 piece (were 5) called `Deckchair of Destiny` who play a very wide range of music, including folk,rock,celtic,country, all sorts really. We write original material, and like to put our own spin on the covers we do. The line up is Mike, Lead Vocals, Alan, bass, upright bass & vocals, Fish, drums & vocals, and me, guitar, zouk (shortscale irish bouzouki) banjo and vocals. We have gigs waiting (not all shown on listing) It`d be really helpful if he/she also plays guitar, and/or any other instruments
Here`s our website. We`re very ambitious with this, have been getting great feedback, and want to gig regularly.
http://www.deckchairofdestiny.co.uk/
If you click on the Videos link, it`ll give you a better idea
We`ve only added drums recently (that`s why he`s not in the vids) but it`s working really well and we`re quite excited about the future
I only play zouk on about 6 numbers, but we really want the mandolin sound on all the other ones.
If you should know anyone, or anyone reading this is interested, then please get in touch on here, email me at brian@trumark.co.uk or give me a call on 07976643690. Thanks, Bri
mandofan

Return to Musicians Wanted/Available